Paf has made a resolute commitment to environmental stewardship by unveiling its ambitious goal of achieving Net-Zero emissions across its entire business by 2040. This bold initiative underscores Paf’s dedication to sustainability and aligns with global efforts to combat climate change.

In a significant validation of its environmental pledge, Paf’s Net-Zero commitment has been recognized and endorsed by the Science Based Targets initiative (SBTi). This endorsement not only underscores the credibility of Paf’s climate goals but also signifies alignment with the objectives outlined in the Paris Agreement to limit global warming to 1.5°C.

Paf has set forth ambitious targets to reduce its greenhouse gas emissions by 90% by 2040, utilizing 2019 emission levels as a baseline. The remaining 10% of emissions will be addressed through a combination of neutralization and carbon offset measures, ensuring a comprehensive approach to emissions reduction.

Daniela Johansson, Deputy CEO and Chief Responsibility Officer at Paf, expressed pride in the company’s pioneering stance, stating, “We are proud to be one of the very first in our industry to set ambitious Net-Zero targets.” Johansson emphasized the importance of inspiring other companies to embrace environmental responsibility and contribute to a sustainable future.

Recognizing the urgency of climate action, Paf has also established Near-Term targets aimed at reducing direct emissions (Scope 1 and 2) by 46% by 2030. These targets underscore Paf’s commitment to making tangible progress in the short term while laying the foundation for long-term sustainability.

Paf acknowledges that achieving Net-Zero emissions is a collaborative endeavor that requires concerted efforts from all stakeholders. Anna Ingman, Environmental Specialist at Paf, emphasized the importance of broad collaboration, stating, “Reaching Net-Zero is not something you can do alone.” Paf is committed to working closely with suppliers and partners to integrate climate considerations into every facet of its operations.

Paf’s bold climate goals signal a paradigm shift in the gaming industry, setting a precedent for environmental leadership and sustainability. By embracing Net-Zero emissions targets validated by the SBTi, Paf demonstrates its unwavering commitment to combating climate change and safeguarding the planet for future generations.

As Paf embarks on its journey towards Net-Zero emissions, the company remains steadfast in its pursuit of innovation, collaboration, and environmental responsibility. With ambitious targets, strategic partnerships, and a shared commitment to sustainability, Paf is poised to lead the gaming industry towards a greener and more sustainable future.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *